Monday, March 9, 2009

GOOD DAY FOR A HANGING

Today is a busy day at our studio, The Studio Experience. We are taking down art work from two featured artists and hanging another artist. Every month we have a new featured artist, that way we always keep new and different art flowing through our gallery. For the month of February we had two young women one was a watercolor artist and the other was a photographer. The young woman who did the watercolors were all portraits and of children. Watercolor is hard enough, a very unforgiving medium, but to do portraits and have them look identical to the subjects is quite a feat. The photographer was also excellent in her own right. She also did people and I must say she certainly captured their personalities and she also photographed animals, mostly her little dog. This month we will feature a veteran artist and photographer. It promises to be an interesting show.

In the meantime I'm still trying to put the finishing touches on my commission painting and get new work done for my up coming three art shows this year. Hmmm, I think I'm getting just a little overwhelmed. Oh, well, I guess it will all come out in the wash, as my dear darling Grandma used to say.

Its cold but very sunny today. Have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment