Saturday, August 1, 2009

ART, ART, AND MORE ART

Today I am going to Weaverville. A wonderful little town in the mountains. It is quite a tourist town and many art collectors come through there. There are so many good artists in that one little area it's amazing.
This month I am one of three featured artist in the Main Street Gallery. I am really looking forward to this show it is going to be a good one. For this show I sent up a pretty good variety of work. I have a monoprint, watercolor, acrylics and oils, mixed media and collage. I really love doing mixed media pieces and collage. Actually I love doing it all. There are so many other techniques I want to learn, like encaustic. That has to do with wax. Heating the wax and adding color and putting things in the wax, or something like that. I understand it is very messy and can be dangerous if the wax gets too hot. Gee, maybe I won't do that one, I could burn down my studio for pete sake. Well, better get ready to go to Weaverville.
Have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment