Wednesday, August 26, 2009

THE DECK, OH WHAT TO DO ABOUT THE DECK!

The launch pad, bandstand, monstrosity, dog playground, deck is getting a new face lift. There is someone who actually knows what he is doing and is going to fix it for me. I'm so happy. It will get done before my big family reunion and it will look nice. I have a couple of new tables with umbrellas and chairs to put on the deck, there is a fire pit just behind it, and there will be some nice potted plants sitting around so it will look like it belongs in the yard. As of now it looks like something that fell out of the sky and landed smack dab in the middle of my pool area. Right now it's a good conversation piece, people can stand there and discuss this, whatever it is, for hours. It's really funny when people come over and go out in the yard they actually stop and discuss all the possiblilities of the deck. Hmmmmm, maybe I should rethink getting it fixed, it's such a fun conversation piece. People say things like, "Hey have you seen the deck over at Shirley's house?" or they might ask, "What the heck is that?" or one of my favorites, " Did you know that the posts on your deck are all crooked and leaning?"
Well whatever I do I know at least that my puppies love the deck, no matter what it looks like, they like to lay on it and chew up the kids' toys that they leave out, or wrestle on it, they like to sleep on it and they love sitting on it overlooking the property at night, so I guess I shouldn't complain too much. There are those who love this deck no matter what it looks like.
Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment