Monday, May 4, 2009

WOW! THE BOYS CAN REALLY COOK!

Saturday was my son-in-laws birthday. My daughter was sick with a cold and didn't want to cook and spread around her germs. I'm glad she is so considerate. Well, we all looked at each other and said, what about the birthday dinner we have planned. I certainly didn't feel like cooking over a hot stove and oven and doing all that work for 15 people, besides I'm no spring chicken. So...my teenage grandson said, I'll cook! His brother said I'll cook too! So.. off to the store we went and bought everything we needed for dinner. The boys made Chicken Crosta, hope I spelled it right. It's chicken breast with mushrooms, that are sauteed in butter and wine, then wrapped in puff pastry. When done it's served with Bearnaise sauce.
These boys fixed the Chicken Crosta, steamed broccoli, red potatoes in parsley and garlic and for a special treat I made polenta for my son-in-law, it's one of his favorites. Then we had fresh sweet watermelon slices on the table. The little kids loved that. What a delicious dinner. I had no idea they could cook like that. Hmmm, maybe we should have our own restaurant!
Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment