Saturday, September 18, 2010

Untitled and Unfinished

We had our family reunion this past weekend and had a fabulous time. Lots of fun, great food and awesome cousins. Among the things I love about my cousins is the fact that they appreciate art, especially my art. Some of my cousins have bought several pieces from me over the years and a couple of them have had me do commission paintings for them. I always love it when I do a painting for someone I love; it always seems to be just a little more special than the others.

I am doing an experimental piece right now in my studio and I'm beginning to wonder if I bit off more than I could chew. I guess I'll see when I finally get it done. It has several different types of mediums all over it. Lots of texture and papers, gritty stuff, stringy stuff, paint, and more paint, I even threw in a couple of silk leaves. This is going to be one crazy painting. I really hope I like it. When I do these kinds of paintings I can never tell if I'm going to like it or not until I'm finished. Sometimes I don't start liking it until I have hung it in my house for a while and studied it for several weeks. If after that length of time and I still don't like it, well, it either gets painted over, burned in the backyard burn pile, or given away to some unsuspecting family member.

I have attached a little snippet of my new work in progress. Stay tuned for the finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment